Access Ambassadors CIC is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. We will notify you of any updates to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1 May 2018. Under data protection law, individuals have a right to be informed about how we use any personal data that is held by Access Ambassadors CIC. We comply with this right by providing ‘privacy notices’ (sometimes called ‘fair processing notices’) to individuals where we are processing their personal data.
How we collect information
We collect personal information in a variety of ways:
• Directly from you e.g. at an event such as a job show
• From others e.g, an employer paying for a sign language course
• Via our website
Why we collect information
• To give you the information you have asked for
• For administering qualifications
• For providing evidence of support
• To record your relationship with us
• To help us understand how we can improve our services and information
What we collect
Depending on the service you choose, we may collect the following information:
• Personal details such as name, date of birth, student number (for accredited courses)
• Personal characteristics such as ethnicity, disability or health issues
• Contact information (e.g. email address) and contact preferences
• Demographic information such as postcode
• Purchase information. We use third-party providers for financial services who are also required to comply with the new data protection regulations to protect your data.
• We may also hold data about individuals received from other organisations such as schools or employers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information for the following reasons:
• Support our training service provision for accredited courses
• Support our social welfare services
• Monitor student progress
ACCESS AMBASSADORS CIC
• Audit compliance and internal record keeping
• To assess the quality of our services
• To comply with data protection legislation
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
Links to third party websites & third-party services
Access Ambassadors CIC takes no responsibility for the content of linked websites and links should not be taken as an endorsement of any kind unless expressly stated by us. We have no control over the availability of the linked pages and are only made available to you for your convenience.
Please be aware that we use third-party services such as Mailchimp to deliver emails for us, however, you will be required to opt into marketing emails and you can unsubscribe at any time.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. This information is used to track visitor use of our website and to compile statistical reports on website activity.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, however, please be aware that some of our website features may not function as a result.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
• Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, you will now be required to opt into communications from Access Ambassadors CIC.
• If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for communications, you may change your mind at any time by emailing us at email@example.com or writing to us at the address below.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to:
Access Ambassadors CIC
Suite 24 MK Business Centre
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will correct any information found to be incorrect, promptly.
This Privacy Statement is governed by the laws of England and Wales.